Welcome to the Planning and Development Department (PDD) official website. PDD has recently undergone some reforms and it is now headed by the Manager. It oversees the University Planning, Investment, and Resource mobilization functions. The department is at the heart of the University as it focuses on the following among other things:
- For clearly delineated strategic organs, structures, mandates and processes that support the mission, goals and activities of the University;
- To provide the University with high quality policy advice, good-timely information flows, and sound and well-timed informed decision-making;
- To maximize efforts on matters that add value to the teaching and learning, research and innovations for better service delivery;
- To ensure that resource allocation and academic planning are linked through a strategic approach to institutional development;
- For devolution/delegation of decision-making powers to appropriate lower level of University structures in the spirit of coordinated decentralization;
- For budget transparency and frugality in the utilization of allocated resources;
- For efficient and effective organizational structures and processes in service delivery.
“You can always amend a big plan, but you never expand a little one. I don’t believe in little plans, I believe in plans big enough to meet a situation which we can’t possibly foresee now”
Harry S Truman, Former U.S President.
Ms. Jackie Ayorekire
Planning and Development Department,